Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Victory

Today shall go down in history as the day the author of this blog was victorious. She overcame her hurdles, bulldozed over the competition, crossed the highest mountains and swam across the deepest lakes, defeated Time, shunned the world... etc etc.

Not really. But once I graduate, I'll do all that too.

I actually completed that elusive bouldering route that I'd been struggling with for the past 2 months. With no takes! For all you non-rock-climbers (I pity your miserable existence - you are missing out on the joy and happiness that scaling a wall can provide), it means completing a route in one go, without falling).

The past two weeks have been full of disappointments. So much so that I'm tired of them, am ready to give up and move on. That's why these small things matter so much - if I hadn't been sulking for the past few days, I'd never have been as proud of today's little achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment