Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Most Roundabout Conversation in the History of Roundabout Conversations

What boredom and procrastination can lead to....

Ammar: weddings are over-rated
me: hell no

me: others' weddings are fun. your own never is.

Ammar: haha
Ammar: I dunno .. weddings are intellectually depressing ..
Sent at 8:30 PM on Sunday
me: EXACTLY
that's why they're awesome [smile]
Ammar: huh .. I assure u .. we are talking about two different kinds of depressing !
Sent at 8:33 PM on Sunday
me: really
Ammar: I assume so
me: what do you mean - intellectually depressing?
Ammar: when I go to weddings .. I think a lot .. the kinda thinking tht ends up with me kind of depressed by the end of the night ..
me: ahh
ok
Ammar: that said .. that does happen in weddings tht I am attending rather IN it ..
me: well - you shouldn't be thinking
Ammar: I try tht all tht time
but apparently I have to use it sometimes

me: next time you go a wedding...i want you to follow these steps...
1. spend a LOT of time dressing up
2. go there - talk to everyone.
even the 2 year olds
3. keep an eye on the food
4. eat a LOT
5. keep an ear on the music
6. dance a LOT
and between all that - you won't even have TIME to think
dancing will nullify the eating...so you don't gain any weight either
Sent at 8:45 PM on Sunday

Ammar: 6. I don't dance ..
5. rarely do they play something I am willing to pierce my ears-drums for.
4,3. not all weddings have food, let alone good food.
2. talking to everyone is the problem .. talking to 2 yr old kids is the only way I coulda survived any wedding.
1. dressing a suit takes up a specific amount of time .. regardless of the intentions.
Sent at 8:47 PM on Sunday

me: 1. dressing up is not always supposed to have intentions or ulterior motives - it can be reflective of the mood you're in
2. weddings have plenty of kids - go track them all down
3. critique the food then... take on the role of that bloke in rattatoile (or however that's spelt)
4. see above
5. music's not always great - i agree - but it's a joyous occassion. and the music can be something to laugh at. if not, sing your own music
6. don't be absurd. " i don't always dance is acceptable" - your version of it isn't
Sent at 8:51 PM on Sunday

Ammar: 6. Last time I danced, I was 6 yrs old.
5. It's very hard to laugh at music, let alone singing my own, when it's so loud tht you can barely hear your own thoughts.
4. Eating not good food does not bring joy. It's rather a torturous thing.
Sent at 8:54 PM on Sunday
Ammar: 3.Criticizing food is usually a negative activity which doesn't help our purpose here.
2. I admitted to ur kids point!!!
1. There is only one way to put the pants and the suit on. Other than that, it's more looking at the mirror ensuring of details. Which in men's case is that is the tie straight or not!
Sent at 8:56 PM on Sunday

me: 1. you should add checking to make sure your best friends aren't wearing the same thing you are.
2. right. kids are your saviors.
3. sample the food. mix and match. throw it at kids. start a food fight. whatever!
4. eat your good food before you leave then - and then spend the evening thinking up excuses for refusing to eat any over there!
5. it's easy to laugh at music. better still, buy some swahili music and bribe the music people to play that.
6. you need to get into your 6-year-old mindset again.
Sent at 9:02 PM on Sunday

Ammar: u know we can go like this forever?
me: i take it you give up
[smile]
Sent at 9:07 PM on Sunday
Ammar: oh no u didn't!
Sent at 9:08 PM on Sunday
Ammar: 6. It takes about 3 Mountain dews to get me back to 6 years old mindset. An amount that leads to complete fatness, which requires three times as much time in the gym, which is not a feasible life style, since I am still an engineer.
5. what the hell is swahili!

me: 5. google it!

Ammar: 4. Centuries of Arabic cultures and traditions has produced an infinite amount of excuses.

me: 6. not an engineer for long...and besides, nobody's getting married before you graduate! and become a non-engineer forever!
4. problem solved!
Sent at 9:12 PM on Sunday

Ammar: 3. Since I became 15, culture and society expects me to behave as an adult. Which does not involve throwing food.
2. Kids are awesome ..
1. Why the hell he buys what I buy! I bought it first ..
Sent at 9:13 PM on Sunday

me: 3 you... an adult...BAH
2 . animals are better
1. that's what friends are good for
Sent at 9:15 PM on Sunday

Ammar: 1. They can be good for other things.
2. When I get my Macaw one day, iA, I will try and take it with me to a wedding.
3. Yes .. I am legally an adult.
Sent at 9:17 PM on Sunday
Ammar: 4. which problem?
5. Swahili what... u do recognize I am not indian!
6. Engineering is a way of life.

me: 6. a way which you will NO longer be entitled to!

Ammar: don't u have a hw to take care of ..

me: 5. it's african i believe
4. the problem to do with excuses

Ammar: 6. I will have the right to it as much as u do .. we both have the same degree!

me: 3. that's just an excuse not to participate in something fun
6. no you won't
6' - because i said so
2. your macaw will do more talking than you
2' train it to think too
1. yes - friends are good for more things than that - primarily - putting useless thoughts in your head - and words in your mouth

Ammar: 2. My macaw is cool. I can already see it .. I am gonna toilet train him too.
1. and never ending arguments

me: 1. and finishing your food!

Ammar: 6. so u said .. I been running now .. I am quick ..

me: 2. good luck with that
6. no you aren't

Ammar: 2. thanks ... thas my retirement plan
me: 2. invest in it. IRA has some great money-stealing deals
Ammar: 6. well .. I gots car ..
me: 6. huh?
Ammar: 6. I am quick ... legs not enuff .. I gots car
me: 6. where does being quick come in?
Ammar: 6. u said so .. so what .. I am quick runner ..
me: 6. nah - i'll beat you any day
Ammar: 6. fo shoo
me: 6. fosho is right
Ammar: how is ur hw going?

BAM. Back to reality.

1 comment:

  1. Particularly enjoyed it...lol...he is right, you could have gone on forever...lol...

    ReplyDelete