Saturday, March 1, 2008

Penn Masala


So I had my first semi-real journalism experience today. I volunteered to go to the Penn Masala (first indian a cappella group - they're pretty famous) show at the Union and cover it for Nazar.


Actual notes from the event.

7:40 pm Running into people I haven't seen in years. It's nice to see they still exist. And don't have piercings all over their faces or shaved eyebrows yet.

7:50 pm The show was supposed to start at 7:30. Damn Indian Standard Time.

8:00 pm I give up. Get systems engineering notes out of bag and start reading. Girl next to me gives me a funny look.

8:15 pm FINALLY - they're here. Only 45 minutes late. Wow - they're early.
No - really.

8:20 pm They're all guys. Hmmm.

9:00 pm Wow. Wow wow.

9:10 pm The crowd's going wild about one of the singers -his hair's really really big. And he has this hunchy style of singing. Reminds me of Sanjaya. Quite possibly, I'm not the only one thinking that.

9:40 pm Encore. Hurray!

Actual boring review - minus the madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment