Monday, April 2, 2007

Red Bulls and Purple cows

I just finished the Red Bull that I started drinking last night. I've heard Red Bull's like beer - you don't mind the taste much after the first few times. Beer's still nasty though. The Red Bull didn't really keep me up last night; I was asleep within the hour, although I was wide awake when the alarm went off this morning.

April Fool's Day yesterday was interesting. As it turned out, I was the perpetrator, and not the victim. I probably fooled more people yesterday than I have in my entire life. I got most of my residents. Although I did have to go around apologizing and offering candy and taking pillow hits to make up for the 'bad' joke, which was also labeled 'the best joke ever', a 'clever joke' etc by others.

I have a test on Wednesday, which I probably should start studying for. Right about now. 12:11 am. But I might as well just start at 12:20 am.

I wonder if they will ever do psychological studies on procrastinators here at UT.
I'd be so rich.

In my staff meeting today, my HC made all us RAs take the Myers-Briggs personality test, which I have totally lost faith in now. I happen to have taken the test 4 times already in the last 3 years, and my personality has changed from an INFP -> ISTJ -> ISTP -> ENFP.

I had an interesting conversation today with someone (whom I shall call 'Sally' to protect her identity blah blah) about who we really want to be. Sally's hardcore. She was really critical of the astronaut program, and said that astronauts became famous only if they died or went on a murder-mission. Which is partly true. Kinda reminds me of the new Great Women Museum they've built in Kinsolving. It's growing on me, so I don't think it's terrible anymore, but I do wish it had been less crowded. My friend Yezi noticed that were pictures of only one Asian woman and one Indian woman on the wall; so we decided we'd be the next ones on the wall - but we'd have to be dead before that.

Perhaps I need better goals in life.

I was thinking today about some short-term goals - for example, things I would like to do before I graduate (all non-major related, of course).
1) Get to at least the blue-belt level in Taekwondo
2) Study abroad
3) Run a 10k run.
4) Write a story. Or a book.
5) Volunteer at some animal-care place.
6) Write for the Daily Texan.
7) Be actively involved in some charitable organization.

I'm sure I'm forgetting many more - but I'll add to the list.

The Red Bull's not helping with the sleep issue - but it sure is making me feel guilty now.

There's a really awesome story called 'How now purple cow' in '100 greatest science fiction short short stories' - my favoritest book in the world.
Just FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment