Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I still remember the first Engineering Fall Gathering that I went to. The Student Engineering Council President at the time, Chris Something, made a statement that I quote every chance that I get, "They say that engineering in college is made up of 3 parts: sleep, studying, and your social life. On any given day, you can choose only 2 of these activities".

After having completed 71.875% of my college life (that's right - I calculated), I can testify that the above statement is true. Of course, college students try to take shortcuts, or find a loophole in that law by multi-tasking: sleeping in class [sleep+studying], taking homework to parties [socializing+studying], or passing out at parties [sleeping+socializing]. Multi-tasking is not my forte, unfortunately - I become terribly disoriented if more than 2 people try to talk to me at the same time. Or for that matter, if I try to read and run at the same time. Or watch youtube and study at the same time.
I suppose some combinations of tasks work rather well though - like showering and thinking, eating and reading, doing homework and whining, etc.

I had a rather interesting conversation with one of my professors today - the professor himself is quite an interesting character. I base this statement on his usage of all sorts of phrases to describe people and places and propulsion terms; he called Cincinnati 'the armpit of the universe' today.

Must start on my to-do list now. Item number 1, of course, is 'nap'.

1 comment:

  1. I hope I am inspiration for Taekwondo.

    If not, lie anyway.

    ReplyDelete