Sunday, April 22, 2007

Unreality

A sequel to the 'I hate...' rant I posted on my friend Malvika's blog a month ago.

Some things are hateful. Like overcooked broccoli. Tedious lab reports. Homesickness. Unrequited love.

But a lot of things aren't.

Walking down the street today I realized,
How beautiful life can be,
With a cool breeze, and a cloudy sky,
And no troubles (as far as my myopic eyes could see).

My hair was blowing behind me,
My clothes hung loose on me,
I felt invisible, and strangely content,
I had no responsibilities, and nobody to please.

The green in the trees,
Was just the right shade of green,
The blueness of the sky,
Was clear and pure and free.

People around me were smiling,
Their faces glowing in the fading light,
Talking excitedly about,
The shooting stars to be seen tonight.

My feet carried me on,
The world was just so right,
I felt fit, and I felt fine,
While reality stayed out of sight.

My inspirations always come at the wrong times. I should be sleeping right now, and paying off my sleep-debt that I've been in for several years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment