Monday, April 9, 2007

Elegy for Flight Dynamics Lab

I'm sick of flight dynamics lab reports.

In fact, right now, my hatred for these reports is almost competing with my hatred for measurements. I could write an elegy for flight dynamics - only I won't, not yet anyway, because that would mean spending even MORE time on a one-hour class.

I was discussing the awesomeness of disclaimers with a friend today. If only they'd allow them on tests...I have my disclaimer for my propulsion test in 9 days ready...."Please be aware that this test does not reflect the full potential nor brain capacity of the student being tested. This exam is being taken under high levels of stress, and lack of sleep caused by ridiculous amounts of homework assigned in other classes. The student is also extremely excited at the prospect of school ending in 29 days (at the time of this test). Therefore, this test is pretty useless if you think about it."

I'm ready to sleep. And finish my lab report in the morning before my Manic Monday begins (with 5 classes, staff meeting, taekwondo practice). But of course - I'm wide awake now.

Maybe I should go back to flight d-ing...
Nah.

Here's the elegy in any case...

Flight Dynamics, flight dynamics,
O when will you die?
I hate you with all my heart,
Trust me, that ain't a lie,
I hate writing the stupid abstract,
And making it so concise,
Although the results section,
Is probably your biggest vice.
I agree - the objectives are all right,
The procedure's every better,
But as soon as I start the discussion,
I stumble into a huge crater.
I never make recommendations,
And my appendices are almost blank,
I hate commenting on results,
And making withdrawals from my logic-bank.
Typing in equations is the worst,
It's so painful I want to cry,
So if you don't go away soon,
I'll bury you before you die.

Venting is good.

If we had a three-hour class in venting, I'd make an A. For sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment