Saturday, February 9, 2008

Weekend musings

Late night homework session. Hurrah.

Went to a "chocolate festival" at Central Market today. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a gimmick of the worst kind - the sampling was limited to 5 booths. Bah. On the bright side though, I got to visit (and drag Sang and Ammar to) my favorite tree in Austin. I should probably give it a name. I think I'll call it ... The Tree.

While standing in line at Central Market, Ammar and I started explaining the concept of Indian Standard Time to Sang. The geograpic significance, and the fact that being punctual in that part of the world is not only a sin, but it is actually stupid. The guy behind us, who looked like the typical Austinite - the kind that 'keep Austin weird' - was listening in, and after I was done explaining, leaned in, and said "I play chess with a guy from Delhi sometimes...the next time I see him, I'll tell him that. If I lose, I'll say..'The game doesn't start for another hour!' "

Udit's farewell/post-graduation gift was 'Quidditch Through the Ages'. Sleep deprivation prevented me from borrowing it from him before he left. I'll probably regret that for the rest of my life.

Difficult times draw near...I can almost smell the stress. I think my sister, who is taking the mother of all medical school finals right now, is radiating stress waves from the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment