Sunday, February 24, 2008

Week-ness

Summary of last week:

-Achieved 91.67% of previously mentioned climbing route. Progress is slow. And painful. But at least it’s progress.

-Bombed Struc D test. Made silly mistakes which, if they had been punishable by law, would’ve kept me in prison for life, simultaneously sentencing me to relentless beatings, torture, and starvation.

-“Celebrated” the birth of the Aeronion with friends on the 20th of February, by going to Amy’s. The gathering was great, but the cause wasn’t given the attention it deserved; I suppose some things are better enjoyed alone. Like Dairy Milk chocolate.

-Watched ‘Across the Universe’ – a musical with Beatles' songs. It was better than awesome. It’s amazing how some songs can affect you in ways only living things can... they can break your heart, make you smile, cry, or fall in love.

-Actually got some school work done on a Friday night. For which I definitely deserve an Oscar. Or a Nobel Prize. (I always thought their categories were ridiculously limited). Slept early. Woke up with the usual Saturday-morning headache.

-Accompanied friends to San Antonio – the trip didn’t turn out exactly as I’d hoped, but at least I got some really interesting history lessons out of it during the car-ride back, and got to catch up with an old friend on the phone when I decided to be anti-social and abandoned friends who were dancing to terrible music in a club called the Mad Dog. I had a genuine case of Dancer’s Block.

-Culinary catastrophe this afternoon again. I think my luck oscillates between good food and bad; and the saying ‘better luck NEXT time’ may actually apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment