Sunday, May 11, 2008

My life...

...as a stupid, rebellious teenager :)


IT’S MY LIFE
(2004)

The wise old woman sat back in her chair,
The sun glittered lightly on her snow-white hair.
‘It’s a big bad world,’ she said to me, ‘so remember what you’re told,
Humour the young and listen to the old.
Follow the rules, not your heart.
It maybe hard, but it’s a start.
Let your future lie in the hands of others,
They’re all your friends, or sisters and brothers.
Happiness is living in society,
So push aside thoughts of freedom and liberty.’

Lost in this labyrinth of old - world wisdom,
Rambling in the darkness under this blanket of dogmatism,
I seek my way out, out of this cage,
And walk into the waiting world’s enigmatic haze.
If living means breaking the rules, then I’m a rebel.
If society is heaven, then I’d rather live in hell.
I have my desires and my goals,
That I want to pursue, without any holds.
Choices are on my side, Time is not.
I want to reach infinity, where my destiny was forged.

I want to chase the receding horizons and rise above the clouds,
To conquer the skies and make my country proud.
To live and love and fight and die,
To surge ahead before the world goes by.

To watch the beauty, not the strife,
To fulfill my dreams, because it’s my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment