Sunday, April 20, 2008

Return to Quirkiness

20th April, 2008.

It's weird how some dates are so significant...I remember exactly what I was doing on this day 5 years ago - taking the IIT exam (and falling asleep midway through it!), and then attending my cousin's wedding in the evening. That was a wonderful day.

2 years ago, I left UT for the annual DBF trip to Wichita, Kansas. That was a fun trip - the plane we had built actually flew, and we witnessed some rather amazing crashes.

And right now, I'm hiding in a library, trying to get my work done for the week. A 10-page report, a test, and two other assignments. Life could be worse. So this isn't so bad.

This last week has been uplifting. I feel like I passed through a storm and came out bruised, but very much alive. And just taking a step back from things really does help you see so much better - help arrives just when you least expect it - and life puts on its unpredictability-hat again. It's just better that way.

I attended the UT chorus recital for the first time on Friday. It was amazing.... Johnny was brilliant. 'Moondance' is currently my favorite song now (which changes every other day anyway). It was interesting watching the performers....it was like looking at a group handpicked for a movie - there was diversity in size, shape, hairstyles, expressions. One singer fiercefully reminded of Edgar Allen Poe - I'm not sure why. I've never even seen pictures of that author.

Some observations:
-All the clocks in my room still show different times. One of my roommates decided I was indulging in psychological trickery... she's probably right.
-My mom, according to my sister, has taken to sleeping with her glasses on. I remember how, a few years ago, my excuse for doing that was that 'my glasses help me see my dreams better'.
-At my roommate's birthday dinner the other day, I found that shooting tortilla chip-crumbs at people through drinking straws is the most fun thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment